Microwave, EMC, RF, LF, circuit calculations, simulation
Applied mathematics, Telecommunications, Power, Control Systems
Now an independent consultant (since 1993), my experience in electronics and electrical engineering goes back to the time when analog computers were made with electron tubes (valves) and the beginnings of transistor applications. Since then I've worked on
- Infra-red missile systems
- Industrial controllers
- microwave applications, managing an electronics development team on retail security systems,
- low frequency electronics and magnetic fields for bank security systems,
- initiating systems for commercial blasting (quarrying, mining) explosives, including airbags and electronic delay detonators,
- EMC protection to MILSTD against RF signals and ESD,
- Electrostatics, including protection, testing and effects in
manufacturing of powder materials and explosives
- automated test equipment including design and programming of special
- lightning protection
- 3D molded (moulded) circuit boards, developing design
methods and applications
- Transmission Lines and telecommunications, including undersea systems.
- Power lines with strange non-linear loads
In many of these applications, the theme has been the explanation of physical phenomena by quantified analysis, backed up by experimentation and leading to design methods and modifications to solve problems for clients.
Some projects have involved experimental work on electronic devices and field experiments at client sites or for which, as a "hands-on" engineer, I have some (limited) facilities.
I'm a Life Member of the IEEE, a Fellow of the IET
and a Chartered Engineer. Resume/CV
My consulting work serves industrial and business clients in UK, USA, Canada, South Africa (and doesn't charge for travel time!). Base is mostly in Eastern USA: PA, NJ, NY, MD, DE, VA etc.
Contact me by phone or email. There's no charge to find out how I can help solve your problem.
|Links in website:
About Dr McCann
Contact in UK
Business & Commerce
Toxic gas allocation
Production & Process
Crimp and Press
Glass to metal seals
Helium Leak Testing
Vacuum web coating
|Invitation. McCann can help if you have a
design or operational problem that needs some technical support that is outside your
team's experience, some quantitative assessment of what is really the cause of the
difficulties, some design alternatives or just a fresh look by an intelligent
If you have a problem with the behaviour of a market sector, plant, process or item of
equipment and would like to get a quantitative handle on it to improve yield or optimise
performance, then contact me.
I'm always ready to give a little time
to discuss a new puzzle, in confidence,
of course. We'll only worry about fees
when there is some defined work. I can be flexible
about how I work with you.
Chadds Ford PA
T: 1 302 654-2953
M: 1 302 377-1508 (Cell)